Friday, March 13, 2009

A Crazy Day

So today was a BAD day for the most part. As strange as it sounds, I think I needed it. I've  had a lot of good days, and I have been praying for humility a lot lately, and I got a large dose of it today. We had a "debate" in class today. I had to argue for the stimulus package, and I just talked a lot. I shouldn't have, because I'm a terrible arguer. I know I am a terrible arguer, but I guess my pride or my passion about it just took over. I think people hate me. Haha. One girl was just called me out and was like "I don't understand your argument" in an angry voice, and I shut up after that. In addition to that, I forgot to do 8 spreadsheets that were due the next class. Luckily, he let me turn it in this afternoon, but it was an ORDEAL to get it printed! I tried two different places in the library-- printer didn't work. I had to walk to the student center to use CopyCat... anyway, long story short, I was more than frustrated! I know that sounds not-so-awful, but for some reason, today it was. I think it was 1. Lack of sleep, 2. Over-sensitivity to what people think about me, 3. Friday the 13th, 4. I was just so ready to be done (it's the Friday before spring break for goodness' sake!) 

So, needless to say, I was humbled, especially by the debate incident. I just feel like I talk SO much sometimes, and I say so little. I just want to make a difference, and I feel like I talk so much that people just A.D.D. out and stop listening. I over explain myself 88.7% of the time, and I use 4321134124 words when I'm only trying to get across a point that could be explained in 6. I can say what I need to say when I write, but not when I speak. I hate that. I wish I were one of those quiet people who, when they finally speak up, say something meaningful. 

I need to master the art of thinking before I speak. I know God made me loud and crazy and opinionated for a reason, but I just feel like I'm more annoying than anything sometimes. I want to shut up long enough for God to use me. I just want to be wise... 

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5 



No comments:

Post a Comment